Syria - US Possible Solo Strike

Go down

Syria - US Possible Solo Strike

Post by Admin on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:58 am

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama on Thursday prepared for the possibility of launching unilateral American military action against Syria within days as Britain opted out in a stunning vote by Parliament. Facing skepticism at home, too, the administration shared intelligence with lawmakers aimed at convincing them the Syrian government used chemical weapons against its people and must be punished.
http://news.yahoo.com/us-readies-possible-solo-action-against-syria-000335509--politics.html

Thoughts?

Justified?

Obama truly is Bush Jr. Part Two?

Nobel Peace Prize winner?

Do you support Obama moving forward with a military strike into Syria?
Admin
Admin

http://hellshole.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Syria - US Possible Solo Strike

Post by RJLupin on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:36 am

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

If this happens, it would destabilize the whole area. Syria has already indicated that the retaliation will be targeted at Israel if it is attacked. If Israel is dragged in, it would mobilize the other anti-Israel countries to keep their supplies up. Iran, Iraq and probably Russia will supply more arms. This might drag for another 2 years. Might trigger another wave of Al-Qaeda type recruitment as well ... and terrorist attacks.

Nobel Peace ... they have it to Yasser Arafat as well. So it means scoot to start with.

US had no business being in Iraq. It doesn't have any business being in Syria. But, been there, done that. There was interesting news regarding the problems in Egypt and how Morsi could have actually lost the election but on the intervention of the US officials, was declared winner. Even if the US turns out a decisive winner in Syria, what next? Who will made the puppet PM? Will there be a revolution?

The British are more intelligent than we give them credit for.

As a (questionable) solitary superpower, there is some pressure on the morality front on the US to act as the world police. I am not sure if the way to police is to send your troops and bomb the place.

And Justified is a great TV series Very Happy Art Mullen one liners are da bomb.

Obama wrote:I've come here to Cairo to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world, one based on mutual interest and mutual respect, and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles -- principles of justice and progress; tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/video/President-Obama-Speaks-to-the-Muslim-World-from-Cairo-Egypt#transcript

RJLupin

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLupin on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:50 am

Obama wrote:Today, America has a dual responsibility: to help Iraq forge a better future -- and to leave Iraq to Iraqis. And I have made it clear to the Iraqi people -- (applause) -- I have made it clear to the Iraqi people that we pursue no bases, and no claim on their territory or resources. Iraq's sovereignty is its own. And that's why I ordered the removal of our combat brigades by next August. That is why we will honor our agreement with Iraq's democratically elected government to remove combat troops from Iraqi cities by July, and to remove all of our troops from Iraq by 2012. (Applause.)

RJLupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo on Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:15 am

Big mistake to go there. Hornets' nest. Let them kill each other. When they're all dead, maybe they'll realize what a shithole the middle east is, and do something about it themselves.
Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by RJLupin on Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Looks like there is 'evidence' of chemical attack .. proven by 100+ youtube vids. Why didn't Bush think of this?

RJLupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum